Prerequisites - Candidates must:
- Be at least 17 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course
- Possess a current basic-level certification in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
- Successfully complete the online Introduction to the Lifeguarding Instructor Course prior to the pre-course skills session via the class roster and online content completion status report.
- Obtain all instructor and participant materials before entering the first session of the instructor course which consist of the following:
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructors Manual (print).
- Lifeguarding course presentation and/or DVD.
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding Manual (print or digital).